About us

Outside ground

The Old School is just that – the village school built only five years into Queen Victoria’s 60-year reign in 1842 to educate the children from the families of the workers at Scremerston’s two coal mines.
While it is the oldest house in Scremerston, the school has been lovingly converted into a spacious and comfortable country home.
Alongside the four en-suite letting rooms, guests use the old school hall as their lounge and breakfast room.
The Old School is owned and run by Carol and Alan Geere, who will be pleased to accommodate special requests wherever possible. Just call – 01289 305372 – or email – info@scremerston-old-school.com – any time.

Garden

The view from our garden – the parish church of St Peter’s